Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sketch away…

In recent weeks, these diary pages have neglected my first love – the figure – and more especially, the figurative sketch.  I believe it was Degas, who named one of his models “Sketch Away” in recognition of the inspirational input she gave to his work.  Such is the gift of an inspired model.  This sketch goes back to the early heady days sketching a young lady from Grenada who became both my wife and model. 


Note:  For the time being, I will have to resort to digging in my photographic archives while my digital camera awaits a replacement battery pack, courtesy of my brother in England. 

1 comment:

  1. The battery is on the way. I resisted the GPO's £68 service which would have meant it arrived by chartered plane but took the cheaper option which the chap assured me rivals DHL for speed and security. Let me know if and when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete