Saturday, May 24, 2014

ColourMeBlind


The title of today’s post is taken from a poem by Jessica about the colours of love.  It begins:

Let’s paint a perfect picture just you and I…

It then runs through a kaleidoscope of colours related to the highs and lows of love, ending with:

Now before me stands a confusion of colours
Which I’ve just struggled with for hours
Still the colours of love, I cannot define,
So just go ahead and ColourMeBlind.

Jessica read the poem on stage at Lyrics Under The Stars, an event that showcases Dominican poets and musicians.   My job was to get the colours down in sync with the lines. Today’s picture shows the end result. 

As part of our double act, we also shared reading the lines of The Painter and the Poet.  You’ll find the first verse on my diary page dated 14th March.

Both poems were well received by the audience, so if my forthcoming exhibition fails we might try our luck on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment