Monday, May 2, 2016

Once in a while


Search as I might, I seldom find a new talent in painting that really turns me on. But once in a while I find a refreshingly new talent in jazz. 

Just when I was thinking that there will never be another Sarah Vaughan, this young lady comes along.

Every one of Cecile McLorin Salvant’s recordings is a masterpiece. I selected this particular video track because I am attracted to work in progress; in this case a recording session. Credit is also due to her remarkable trio.

Incidentally, the song is from Finian's Rainbow and the lyrics are equally masterful.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation - I will chase it up.
    By the way, I have just been scanning some old negatives and came across one of you. Can you remember it? I have added it to my Flickr collection https://flic.kr/p/GP92QG)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried to access your flicker collection but I get a message saying "Ohps...looks like you've followed a bad link"!

      Delete