My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Portrait Demonstration


This year the University of the West Indies Dominica Open Campus is holding a Creative Arts Summer Program for children. My contribution was a portrait demonstration with one of the participants as my model.

I teach by demonstrating as it is the best way to learn. On one occasion I set up my stall before television cameras and an audience of two hundred. But whether I paint before a small group or a multitude, the risks are the same: can I make the magic work one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment