Thursday, November 9, 2017

Paradise Lost

We came out better than most from the cruel blow that Hurricane Maria dealt Dominica. The roof of the pavilion under which I teach life classes can be replaced, my damaged paintings and sculptures can be restored and our driveway can be cleared and made passerble again. What cannot be mended is the river that boarders our land. The idyllic bathing pools are gone and so is the path that leads down from my studio. I still go down to the river but the approach is now the equivalent of an assault course and I have to clamber over huge boulders to find a safe place to bathe.

My bathing figure from three years ago serves as a reminder of those halcyon days.


1 comment:

  1. Just sailing past the end of your drive en route from Martinique to Guadeloupe. I would have given a good deal for the chance to see you and catch up - but it is not to be. Our very best wishes are sent to you however - we will catch up properly when we get back. Ali and Issy

    ReplyDelete