Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Too shy to ask


In my early years of painting the figure I missed the chance of many good models through being too shy to ask. I have since learnt that many of those who I would have liked to model for me would have willing done so if only I had asked! 

Now that I am into my final quarter century I take more chances for there is no time to waste. I have dedicated my book Notes on the Nude to my models. They give body and soul to my work and without their contribution to the creative process my paintings and sculptures would not exist.

Today's painting was made in the final fifteen minutes of Collean's last modelling session. As with most of my watercolours, it was painted with a Number 14 Sable Brush on a 18" x 24" sheet of paper. I feel restricted with anything less...and without a model I'm lost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment