Friday, June 3, 2022

Models from times past

Annette

While delving through faded photographs of paintings I made when my studio was located in the British Virgin Islands, I was reminded of models that I had almost forgotten. I say almost, because all of my models retain a special place in my memory. 

I first met Annette when she worked as a cashier at the island's supermarket. Her facial features and stature were majestic. And yes, she would like to model for my paintings. The only negative factor was her straightened hair. I told her that if ever she allowed her hair to return to its natural state, most certainly she could model for my paintings.

Months later the transformation had begun to take effect and I painted her portrait. 

Other paintings and photographs of models from times past - the twin sisters Pearl and Pearline, Gretel, Hemo, Elliana and my never to be forgotten Alice - set me wondering what those lithe young ladies from 35 years ago are doing today.  Please use the contact form on this blog to get in touch!

Alice at work on making the mold for her portrait bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment