Saturday, December 10, 2022

Larger than life


 

In my book Notes on the Nudeunder the heading "A New Visual Experience", I mention that I am forever searching for different ways of presenting my work in the belief that there has to be more to exhibiting paintings than static pictures on walls. If, as been said, my paintings represent a different way of seeing, it follows that there needs to be a different way of viewing

One variation that I have been experimenting with is fast-moving audio-visual presentations of images for the large screen. A watercolour no larger than the page from a newspaper takes on a completely new visual experience when projected to the size of a house wall. My video Body and Soul represents a first step in that direction. 

For a second step I have created a collection of small watercolours, no larger than 4" x 6", specifically for enlarging into 16" x 24" prints. The larger than life effect is dramatic. I give credit to William Shakespeare for inspiring the theme for the paintings. 

Prints of paintings can be viewed and purchased at: https://www.saatchiart.com/antrimstudio

Incidentally, had Shakespeare lived today, rather than 400 years ago, he would most likely be regarded as a persona non grata on Facebook and doubtless would have resorted to blogger for getting his message across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment