Saturday, May 20, 2023

Termites have taste. Part Two

My studio bookshelf that has a magnetic attraction for ants and termites.

Seven years ago I posted on how termites had developed a taste for my collection of jazz LPs. Last week I discovered that the same creatures also have literary taste. There were many lesser volumes that they could have got their teeth into, but as with my record collection, they only go after the best.

I has taken me five days to evict the unwanted guests and rebuild the bookshelves. The only redeeming factor was that they considered my own books to be of literary merit. The picture below shows their attempt to devour one of the diaries I made while travelling the Caribbean forty years ago in search of material for my book Caribbean Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment