Friday, May 31, 2024

Revelations

The revelation of seeing a minute detail enlarge to the size of house wall.

The dictionary definition of "revelation" nicely sums up what I am after: A Pleasant and enlightening surprise. The surprise first came about ten years ago when I began searching for a new way of presenting my work, in the belief that there has to be more to exhibiting paintings than static framed pictures on walls.

I began experimenting by projecting onto an eight foot screen a one inch detail of a watercolour. The result was a pleasant and enlightening surprise. With video I can now go a step further and make the image move - just a the lines and washes that I throw down on paper move when the work is in progress. 

As I have indicated in numerous past posts: the devil is in the detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment