Thursday, July 11, 2024

Your hands fashioned and made me...


For my next video I will be returning to the biblical clay. The subject is my model Verlena as she is shown in the opening sketch. The sculpture is really unfinished business, for it is one that we were ready to start work on before she relocated overseas. All I have now is the sketch and some thumbnail photos taken when we were experimenting with this position or that. On the other hand, I have made three sculptures of Verlena, so I know her body by heart.

Incidentally, the clay I am using is the same clay I have used for all my sculptures over the last forty years. In true biblical belief, it has gone from dust to dust time without number. And now, it is once again about to be brought back to life. 

The sculpture will be in relief, rather than in the round. The following blog posts serve as an introduction.



No comments:

Post a Comment