Sunday, November 27, 2011

Been there, done that…

A couple of days ago my brother featured a photograph of Halifax indoor market (See http://newsfromnowhere1948.blogspot.com/) a glorious listed building that is equal to a couple of cathedrals. 

Not to be out done, here are a couple of sketches I made of the market.  The first is from the very same vantage point as my brother’s photograph and the second, shows the market’s grandiose entrance arcade.  As my regular followers know, I have a great love for markets - and all the more so when they housed within fine buildings. 




2 comments:

  1. I do like your profile to read. It is great reading. I also like what you do. I will have to search for the house Denise did up for you around in the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Roger! I had to come and 'meet' you when your brother mentioned you and posted your wonderful marketplace sketch. Alan is one of my most favorite people in blogland. He speaks highly of you, so I'm sure you're great, too! :) Although I hear you owe him for a camera batter. ha.

    ReplyDelete