My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Figaro here, Figaro there, Figaro Up, Figaro down…


Like the Barber of Seville, I am Dominica’s factotum and these days I barely have time for painting and sculpture. 

On the engineering side of things I have recently been called to the rescue of all three of the island’s utility services: electricity, water and telephone.  If a bus engine blows a gasket, the cylinder head finds its way to my workshop for re-surfacing.  Bakery dough mixers are another regular item on my workbench.

A more unusual request came my way over the telephone this afternoon when a young lady asked if I could give her a hot bath!  On delving deeper into this tempting inquiry I found that it related to Jessica’s most recent business venture:  Home Visit Therapeutic Massage.  When not modelling, my studio assistant is quick to find an alternative means of livelihood.

Last Sunday I helped Jessica set up her stall at a Health Fair for the Aged.  I confess that I was beginning to feel my seventy-one years until the banner over an adjoining stall gave me renewed hope.  It read: Practice Safe Sex, Use a Condom.     

The picture shows Jessica doing good business.   Perhaps she’s convinced her clientele that therapeutic massage improves one’s sex life regardless of age!

No comments:

Post a Comment