My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Monday, July 6, 2015

About these gates!

For four days I have been working around the clock, not as a painter or sculptor, but as an engineer.  Two badly damaged helical gears have brought the Dominica Brewery to a stand-still.  To make replacements comes as close to rocket science as your ever likely to get on a small Caribbean island.  The machine that I use to cut replacement gears is as old as I am and the micrometer show in the picture belonged to my grandfather. 


When my day comes to enter the next world, I suspect that the Master of all innovations will take me aside and say: Rog, About these gates…before going further, take a look at them and see if you can fix the hinges!




No comments:

Post a Comment