My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Home, boys home…

In my sailing days a song made famous by the Dubliners was one of my favourites when uncomfortably holed up in a foreign port.  

And it’s home, boys home
Home I’d like to be, home for a while in my own country

On my occasional visits “home” I was able to see my native Yorkshire with a renewed vision.  Whereas the tropics gave my paintings vibrancy; the mists on the moors gave them subtlety.  Today’s painting dates from 1993.


1 comment: