My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Ennui

Ennui: a mental weariness due to lack of interest or occupation.  

Between painting, sculpture, engineering and suggesting improvements to the island’s sewage treatment plant, that’s one affliction that I don’t have!

My return to sculpture has been enthusiastically received by my models. In addition to Marcella’s torso I am now preparing for a reclining figure of Annabelle. Here is the preliminary sketch together with a sheet of measurements that will help me build up the initial clay form before we begin modelling in earnest.






Today is Annabelle’s birthday and it also marks four years that she has been my ever faithful model. This, one of her favourite paintings, is her present.  


No comments:

Post a Comment