My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Leave well alone

Leave well alone! This is what I’ve been telling myself over the last few days.

At this stage, any adjustments or refinements that I make to the figure will only serve to diminish rather than enhance. What I’m after are suggestions rather than specifics; the sensuous rather than the sexual. I’m not in the business of defining hair follicles. I’ve gone as far as I wish to go and it is now up to you, the viewer, to interpret the rest.

There will be no before and after shots as promised in my last entry: what you now see is what you’ll get. 


No comments:

Post a Comment