My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Intimate detachment

Regardless of earning my keep as a painter and sculptor of the human form, I have a poor memory for faces.

Years ago, unknowingly, I stood next to one of my models in a queue at the Post Office. We had worked together for three months but it wasn’t until she gave me an introductory tap on the shoulder that I recollected who she was. 

I am always searching for my next inspirational model; an elusive task. But last week, while waiting to cash at the supermarket, I was sure that I’d found her. When my turn came to check-out I gave the smiling cashier my card and told her to contact me if ever she should considered modelling.

Her answer: But Roger, I've already modeled for you!


 Now I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment