Saturday, January 19, 2019

When least expected


Sometimes a breakthrough with my work comes when least expected, especially when seeking inspirational models for my series, Daughters of the Caribbean Sun

Dionne came to me a couple of weeks ago as an aspiring art student.  But as is often the case, those with no prior intention of modelling become some of my best models. Modelling serves as a masterclass in understanding the trials and triumphs of an artist’s work and moreover, to being part of the creative process.

Below are my first three hurried sketches of Dionne. Just when I thought I had exhausted the nuances of the female nude, my model’s twists and turns showed me otherwise.

Despite initial reservations, Dionne’s emailed response to her first modelling session reads: Today was terrific…I’m looking forward to our next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment