Saturday, August 21, 2021

Bored to tears

Ballpoint sketch Circ. 1961

Today's sketch was made on a scrap of paper while being bored to tears before a television set that was never turned off - as was often the case in the early days of television. Fast-track sixty years and I am now bored to tears on a rainy day during yet another lockdown. Up until recently, the safest place to be at this point in time was on a small tropical island with limited access. But alas we let our guard down and we can no longer boast of being ''Safe in Nature''.

True enough, engineering emergencies are keeping me busy, yet how I yearn to get back to painting. First the hurricane, then the pandemic, have effectively deprived me of models. I still follow them at a distance but the distance is not six feet but thousands of miles. I give credit to my models for putting the years to good use. Three are at university and one has developed her own creative identity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment