Thursday, June 29, 2023

Born Free

 
One of many paintings that I made of my three children almost forty years ago.

Court documents relating to my fight for their right to a father.

My last week has been spent monitoring the track tropical storm Bret and wading through a stack of court papers that relate to the children of my previous marriage. 

There are millions of similar parental alienation cases worldwide, but mine has the distinction of being one of the worst on record. The fact that it happened in what are perceived to be the idyllic British Virgin Islands, doesn’t help matters. In 1990 I published a small booklet that told of my experience under the Guardianship of Infants Act, Cap 233. My children were then aged two, four and five. For the the sake of others in the same predicament, I am urged by human rights organisations to bring the story up to date.

The UK study on Parental Alienation  is essential further reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment