Monday, September 2, 2024

The Art of Suggestiveness


 My latest video is not for the faint hearted; and in particular, it is not for the faint hearted painters in watercolour. My brush dribbles and drips, and runs run amok, as I attempt to capture the naked beauty of the models in my series, Daughters of the Caribbean Sun.

The model featured in the video's title image, is the same model that is featured in one of my paintings that has been selected for a forthcoming definitive book on the nude in contemporary art. A message from the publishers reads:

The selection process for the book was incredibly competitive. However, your work stood out and sparked passionate discussions.  

Without models my work would not exist. That you Collean. I am pleased that the publishers have rewarded you for the afternoon when you sweltered under the tropical sun while I made this painting.

 
Collean

No comments:

Post a Comment