Tuesday, October 1, 2024

A move in the right direction.

 

My Notes for Lifeclass Students & Models and Notes for Art Students & Aspiring Artists.

A year ago I said goodbye to Amazon and became my own online publisher. It was a move in the right direction. They can no longer dip their hand into the proceeds from sales and dictate what they deem is permissible. 

As with my videos, it has been a steep learning curve, but with my son's help on the computer, I'm over the top. The books, as with my paintings and sculptures, are a work in progress. I update them as new ideas come to mind. For the price of US$5.00 readers have the benefit of my lifetime's experience and in turn, I welcome feedback on their creative triumphs and tribulations. 

My intention is to put passion back into art. I want to lure aspiring artists away from overly focusing on technique and slavishly copying from photographs. So be warned, the books are not for the faint hearted. I can already hear the scratching of censorious pens. 


With over 100 illustrations, Notes on the Nude compliments the books that opened this post.  

All of my books can be viewed and purchased at Studio Publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment