My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Embryo


 

For nine months the embryo of the next spate of my work as a painter and sculptor has been forming in my mind.  Like has been said of the poet: I work hardest when I appear to be doing nothing at all. Now for the agony of birth! 

Today’s sketches are from the first session with a new face and figure.



1 comment:

  1. How are you? I must admit that is an excellent piece of work.

    ReplyDelete