Saturday, February 1, 2020

My harlequin dress-maker's mannequin



My dress maker's mannequin has developed into a multi-coloured sculptured harlequin. The colours originate from the various hand-made papers that I finally used to cover the wood, chicken wire and canvas armature. The pictures below show the work in progress.


Wood left. Wire Center, Canvas Right 

                                                                
      
The covering is a collage of scraps of various hand made papers shown in the picture below. This project has brought home to me the amazing strength of hand-made paper. Even sheets as thin as tissue paper are difficult to tear. My hands ache. 

And it is not only the strength of hand-made paper; its potential and versatility as a creative material has my mind is racing towards other possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment