Thursday, December 24, 2020

Snow, ice, fog, floods and storm force winds.

 Photo Credit innews

The naming of storms and hurricanes used to be limited to the tropical Atlantic but more recently England has taken up the device. Storm Caroline is expected to hurdle across England this weekend bringing with it snow, ice, flooding and storm force winds.

Although there are many who perhaps feel envious of my tropical location I doubt that there are many who would relocate if given the chance. One winter, many years ago, I put this to the test. My 16 ton gaff cutter was securely anchored in an idyllic cove in the Virgin Islands. I needed to spend two months in England and came up with the idea of a swap: my boat for your house. But you know what... my advertisements in the UK press didn't bring in a single solitary response!

While my UK followers have been battling with adverse weather, I've been adding the barest minimum to my Bare Minimum fashion label. This includes more designs in hand-tied cotton net and more...or should I say less!  My experiments in one-off painted dye decorations have extended to designs for bikini bottoms in cotton voile. I consider tops superfluous. 

Remember, my designs are for keeping cool in the tropics, rather than keeping warm in colder climates




No comments:

Post a Comment