Friday, March 19, 2021

Behind the screen

The opening picture shows the sketches I make from all angles in readiness for a sculpture of a standing figure. The finished sculpture of my model Verlena is shown below.

             

What I now have in mind is to use those eight different views to decorate a screen that has been languishing in my workshop for over twenty years. I originally made the screen in the misguided belief that my models might need it to discretely change behind. Front and back the screen has eight 15" x 55" panels, one for each view. Whereas my sculpture was quarter life-size, my screen decorations will be almost life-size. 

In order to retain a rapid sketch effect I'm tempted to try working in pastel, fixed with a spray varnish. In future posts I'll show you the work in progress. 

The screen standing in my workshop.


Verlena

All that is missing is my model. Verlena is now overseas at university. 

No comments:

Post a Comment