Wednesday, September 1, 2021

I would never have guessed

 

The above painting is of Collean at her first modelling session. It was made in a matter of minutes, its purpose was to break the ice between model and artist. I cast it aside and it was only after reviewing it years later that I realized the painting captured the shyness of modelling for the first time. I might add, on a first session I am as nervous as the model.

The painting below is of the same model four years later, at ease and brimming with confidence - likewise the artist. Very often it is those who by nature are shy and reserved that throw decorum to the winds and become the most daring - myself included. 


I always suspected that Collean had creative potential but I never would have guessed that this reticent young lady's own mode of expression would be talking intimately on camera. Not many can do it naturally. Creativity is something different to what has gone before. As such there is risk involved and many mistakes to be made along the way. But as Collean says, I'm learning and getting better

Here she is dispelling the myths of what others think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment