Saturday, January 21, 2023

Getting caught: hook, line and sinker

When I was at a loss for what comes next in my Bare Mininum fashion designs, my wife caught me: hook, line and sinker. The word crochet is derived from the Old French croche, meaning "hook" and the pictures below show what she's been up to.



Forty years ago I may have been the first to hit on the idea of crochet bikinis. My insperation came from old ladies in the Virgin Islands skilled at fine crochet work. Since then crochet bikinis have been all the rage, but not as I originally conceived them. Today's versions are made from heavy threads in all colours and the end result is more suited for the North Pole than for the tropics.

Using the smallest needle and the finest thread Denise created Mk1 of a Bare Minimum version. They quintessentially follow my theme of subtly revealing the beauty of what lies beneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment