Wednesday, January 18, 2023

No sooner said than done!

On the banks of Shibden Brook

My brother's latest blog post makes reference to the countryside of our childhood and to a stream that we played alongide. His memory was prompted by the old picture postcard shown below. He adds, that he has yet to see any artist transpose its features to canvas, although he strongly suspects that he will receive an e-mail within the next few days to tell me he has done so several times. 

Well, if not on canvas, I've certainly painted the Shibden Valley, and the stream in question, on the best watercolour paper. Moreover, he can safely copy today's painting on his Facebook page. In more recent years my subject matter violates their stringent puritanical Community Guidlines. 

Long live the artistic freedom of Blogger!


 

1 comment:

  1. I just knew you would have such a painting - I’ll add it to my blog

    ReplyDelete