Monday, October 31, 2011

Why me…

I should have posted this diary page yesterday but instead my time was spent removing hundreds of spam messages from my email In Box.   According to my brother, “It sounds as if you are suffering from what is called spoofing - spam is being sent out using your e-mail address as a return address.”  According to Cable & Wireless (my email service provider) we don’t often experience it in the Caribbean. 

To that, I'm tempted to say - as one of my West Indian friends said when, at a crowded cricket test match, a bird flow over and shit on him, WHY ME! 

By special request, here is a picture of my three-legged chair Mark II.  If you remember, Mk I was washed away in the floods.  I made it from odds and ends of various Dominican hard woods – hence its coat of many colours.  Yesterday afternoon, after taking this picture, I set out to carry down to the riverside… and there I came closer to meeting my maker than I have ever done in fifty years of sailing the high seas.  But I’ll save that thrilling instalment for another day!


2 comments:

  1. Cool chair! I love the different colours.

    Last week, I logged onto my laptop one morning to find over 20 emails notifying me of comments on my blog. All of the comments were from one 'person' and, needless to say, were advertising a travel company! It took ages to clean them all off x-(

    Needless to say, the 'person' was electronic (unless a human can read fast enough to post 3 comments per minute!)

    ReplyDelete