Sunday, June 29, 2014

I cannot be sane and sensible


When Dagas, in old age, increasingly turned to sculpture, he asked himself: why have I set myself this difficult task at my time of life?  I likewise ask myself, why I have dreamt up this complex exhibition program.  If I was sane and sensible I’d be lounging in front of the television or playing dominoes down at the rum shop.

But in all my 71 years, I have never been sane and sensible.  Moreover, I attract people even crazier than I am!  As if I can’t get into enough trouble on my own they lead me even further down a road that is different to all others. 

Thank you Natalie for that passionate speech about the virtues of the nude at last night’s Lyrics Under the Stars.  I will remember and give thanks for it always.

And we did pull in a wonderful collection of like-minded poets and musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment