My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pulling them in from the Rum Shop


It takes a lot to empty a rum shop, but if 30 nudes can’t do it, nothing can!

With only ten minutes to go before the start of this afternoon’s portrait painting demonstration, the audience was looking decidedly thin on the ground.  To fill in time I walked across to the rum shop for a cold beer.  The regulars had heard about my exhibition and were curious to know more. 

In my experience, the working man’s perception and reverence for art often surpasses that of the aristocrat.  Today’s welcome addition to my audience was no exception.   

Rebekah was my model, chosen at random from the non-rum-shop segment of my audience.


              

No comments:

Post a Comment