Sunday, May 2, 2021

A message from my muse

Following on from my last post, today I sensed this response from my muse. 

After all these years do you think I would forget and desert you? Didn't I enable your escape from an engineer's drawing office? Didn't I sit by you on the pavements of France, sail with you through the canals of Ireland and stand your side for that first one-man show in Kings Lynn? I enabled your first voyage to the Caribbean and supported you when you built your boat for the second voyage. True enough, I gave you hell when you tried to respectably settle down on that Virgin Island hillside. But didn't I then send a poet to inspire you and a faithful assistant to share your troubles? For your sculptures I've been with you every inch of the way, and the same goes for your paintings. And surely you sensed my presence while you created your vision of the Garden of Eden...

As I was musing on those words I received a message, this time by email from this world, to say don't give up on your fashion designs. Perhaps my muse also had a hand in that! 

Three months have passed since I last worked on ideas for my Bare Minimum collection. At the time I needed to stand back to determine the worth of what I had created. A selection of the designs hang on a display stand in my studio awaiting my return. As you might guess, I made the stand and I made the hangers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment