Sunday, October 17, 2021

When the world was young

Unveiling of the Dancing Girls at the Allen Gallery, Hampshire.

The opening photograph was taken in the year 2000 at the unveiling of my sculpture Dancing Girls. My daughters Tania and Trina were the models. They can be seen standing besides me; Trina to the left, Tania to the right. 

Fast forward 21 years....Tania's passion for sport has resulted in her working fulltime for the Dominica Olympic Committee and she now has a bouncing son of her own. 

Tania

Trina is now working as a banking computer consultant and busy renovating her house in the UK. In addition to rooting out tree stumps she has learnt to put her hand to carpentry, plastering, plumbing, painting, electrical wiring and brick laying. This is what the "useful arts" are all about.

Trina

Twenty-one
 years ago sculpture dominated my days but now my creative interests cover a broader field. As with my daughters, the pandemic has not slowed me down. Within the confines of my studio, workshops and three acres I happily live the life of a recluse. Hence, I rely on my God-given immune system, regardless of persuasive efforts otherwise. 

The title of today's post is taken from Jonny Mercer's English lyrics to the original French song  "Le chevalier de Paris" composed by Philippe-Gerard and Angele Vannier.

Here is Jonny Mercer's version sung by Earth Kitt

No comments:

Post a Comment