My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Bas-relief, Version 1 and Version 2…

Here are two versions of my bas-relief. 

In “Version 1”, I feel that the secondary figure distracts from the main figure.  It needed a lighter touch.  I removed it - easily done with clay - added more text, and arrived at “Version 2”.  

When finishing a piece of work, I am rarely sure of the value of what I have created and doubtful if my first intensions have been fulfilled.  I’ll sleep on it. 

In the meantime, let me know what you think.




1 comment: