My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Scribbles from the past…

Today, while searching through packing cases, a found a small sketch book diary that recorded a visit I made to the South of France over twenty years ago.  The purpose of my visit was to sketch Frenchmen playing boules.  However, as I glance back through the entries, it appears that my love for churches claimed equal attention. 

Here are two sketches that I scribbled down during a service at Nice Cathedral.  I discreetly tucked myself away on one of the back pews, not realising that the cathedral’s mighty organ was on the balcony right above my head.  On its first thunderous cord, I jumped out of my skin!




No comments:

Post a Comment