My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

In the limelight…

Publicity can be a mixed blessing, but the artist that shuns the media shuns the public at large.  I have never been one to stand aloof from the crowd.  Indeed, the nearer I can get to the crowd the better.  Hence, I welcome a recent spate of interest in my work from the Caribbean media. 

A few weeks ago, the up-market glossy MACO Magazine featured my paintings and sculptures.  Close on Maco’s heels the regional art magazine ARC carried an article about these diary pages…and today the BUZZ, a new television show that focuses on Dominica’s Entertainment Culture, filmed an interview.   If the combined coverage inspires just one young talented person - and there are hundreds of potential artists out there - to pursue the arts, the publicity will have been a real blessing.

For today’s feature, I worked on a portrait bust of my nine-year-old son Tristan. 

1 comment:

  1. Roger, whatever recognition you receive is not enough. Sir, you are an artist of old!

    ReplyDelete