Friday, July 24, 2020

From a different vantage point


I can best judge the worth of a painting or sculpture when I catch a glimpse of it from a different vantage point. The torso that I made from banana paper gave me a pleasant surprise yesterday when, instead of seeing it head-on, I caught a glimpse of it from below.

While the glimpse from below came about by chance, lying on the flat of my back was very much intended. I am forever bemoaning the fact that these days potential models have added too many inches around the waist, only to find when attempting to fasten a pair of pants, I had done the same. Clearly, my twice daily climbs to and from the river are not enough now that I have entered my seventy-eighth year. Henceforth, I will forego my pastry raising slices, cut back on rum and coke and do waist reduction exercises - lying on the flat of my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment