Sunday, October 4, 2020

Retrospectives

Sketch by Roger Burnett

The title of today's post is plural because there are two of them. Both depict the town of Halifax, Yorkshire from fifty or more years ago. One is of photographs taken by my brother, the other sketches made by myself. I left Halifax, the town of my youth, in the 1960's, my brother remained. 

My retrospective is scattered through the pages of this blog and my brother's masterful photographs are scattered through the posts on his blog News from Nowhere. More recently he has compiled a selection as a video titled, Monochrome Valley.

Although there can be no greater contrast between my native town and my adopted Caribbean both offer the artist creative inspiration. Moreover, the pandemic is giving us time to search through past portfolios and thousands of negatives.

Photograph by Alan Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment