Wednesday, January 20, 2021

To paint like a child

 


"It took me two years to paint like Raphael but a lifetime to paint like a child"

The quote is attributed to Pablo Picasso and the child in the picture is my grandson Enoch framed by one of his own masterpieces. His rapped attention is directed to me on my sewing machine, not I hasten to add at work on the latest addition to my range of fashion designs but making bean bags for himself.

Picasso went on to say:

What might be taken for a precocious genius is the genius of childhood. When the child grows up, it disappears without a trace.

This ties in with the theory that a child is born with 98% the creative potential of genius but by adulthood peer pressure and conformity has reduced it to less than 2%.

No comments:

Post a Comment