Tuesday, April 13, 2021

I'm trying to decide


I have completed the figures on one side of my screen. I am now trying to decide if I should bring this side to completion before turning it around to work on the reverse side. Pastel drawings are vulnerable until they are fixed and I can't fix them until they are finished. Like a coin, I cannot view and work on both sides of the screen at once.

Initially, I had in mind nothing more than trailing vines for the surround of each panel. But now my idea of Eve wandering through a Caribbean Garden of Eden has taken hold. Our fruits are more exotic than apples from temperate regions. Off the top of my head I can list at least twenty fruits that grow in abundance on my island; more than enough to decorate my panels twice over.  

It would take a strong-willed Eve to resist the temptation of sampling the Passion Fruit that grows within a stone's throw of my studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment