Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Lessons learnt in the Garden of Eden

Work on my screen involved taking one hell of a chance in terms of techniques and materials. Fortunately the unknown elements worked to my advantage. The plywood had a slightly raised grain which gave texture, the vinyl paint had a slight sheen which gave life, and my random collection soft pastels from thirty years ago gave me the colour effects I was after. My only concern was the clear matt spray varnish that I used to finally fix the work. I did a test panel beforehand and that worked well. However, on the actual panels pressure from the spray tended to blow away some of the pigment and slightly reduced the depth of colour. But in general I would say 99% successful.

Below are the panels in detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment