Monday, August 19, 2019

I'll let you be the judge

Comments to my posts are few and far between. That's a pity because working in isolation on a small island in the Caribbean I get very little in the way of feedback. Below is my standing figure at today's close of play. Those who regularly follow my work know what I'm after. I am reluctant to go further - to add more would be less. But as I am too close to judge, I'll let you be the judge. 





While you're pondering on that, by way of a diversion, below is a painting that I made this afternoon of a stand of palms just outside my studio door. 



The  sculptor Jacob Epstein (1880-1959) claimed that he had earned more from painting flowers than what he had earned from his monumental sculptures. If I could have been content to continue painting palm fringed beaches, as I did forty years ago, I would very likely be a millionaire by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment