Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Painting the Portrait

This year I am holding a series painting workshops at my studio. My classes include all ages and abilities: from CXC students to retirees…from beginners to masters.   They are all eager to learn and, just like a good model, they inspire me to give of my best. 

At the last session, I set my students the most difficult task of all: working from the live model. This coming Saturday I will focus on the portrait.
 
  
For today’s picture, I have dipped into the archives for a painting that I did almost twenty years ago.  It is of my wife Denise - the same Denise that featured in yesterday’s picture.  There are not many artists’ models that can claim a career spanning twenty years!  

1 comment:

  1. Roger I'm already enjoying the blog so do hope you manage to find the time to continue it. Painting classes definitely on the "To Do" list

    ReplyDelete