My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Painting the Portrait

This year I am holding a series painting workshops at my studio. My classes include all ages and abilities: from CXC students to retirees…from beginners to masters.   They are all eager to learn and, just like a good model, they inspire me to give of my best. 

At the last session, I set my students the most difficult task of all: working from the live model. This coming Saturday I will focus on the portrait.
 
  
For today’s picture, I have dipped into the archives for a painting that I did almost twenty years ago.  It is of my wife Denise - the same Denise that featured in yesterday’s picture.  There are not many artists’ models that can claim a career spanning twenty years!  

1 comment:

  1. Roger I'm already enjoying the blog so do hope you manage to find the time to continue it. Painting classes definitely on the "To Do" list

    ReplyDelete