Tuesday, April 28, 2020

My followers are increasing by leaps and bounds



Up to the advent of the Corona Virus my regular followers were artists and art students. Now my audience has increased dramatically in terms of general interest, indicating that art has therapeutic role to play in these difficult timesSome newcomers are catching up by delving back into the archives of this blog and others are content to follow my daily updates. Whichever way, welcome to my way of seeing and depicting beauty that many never give a second glance to.

Today's opening picture is a case in point. It shows the odds and ends of handmade paper left over from my recent sculptures. These I have now recycled into more paper for more sculptures. With sculpture in mind, rather than drawing or print making, I have left the sheets to dry without restraint and to curl just as leaves do when they fall from the tree.


I started notesforartstudents.blogspot.com years ago specifically for CXC Visual Art students in Dominica. At that time my followers were few and far between. But thanks to the Corona Virus it is also beginning to attract a world-wide audience. Hence, its present resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment