Friday, June 5, 2020

Enough is enough and a plea for models


I am never satisfied. I keep coming back to make adjustments when I should be leaving the clay sketch well alone. But I'm stopping right there. Enough is enough! I have already gone too far and lost the spontaneity of my earlier stage. 

It would be a different matter if I had the model before me. Then I would see where the meaningful broad adjustments should really be made, instead of which I'm playing with pointless and boring detail that adds nothing. 

If potential models are viewing these posts in response to my recent plea in the press for models I look forward to hearing from you. Without a model my work cannot exist. You are an essential part of the creative process.

To learn more about modelling from both the artist's and model's point of view go to the most recent pages of my book Notes on the Nude.

No comments:

Post a Comment