Thursday, June 4, 2020

Running on empty


My low relief of the reclining nude is still a work in progress but as you can see, I have promoted it to the header of my blog. First, because it suits the header format and second, because this blog is all about work in progress. 

The splodge of working clay in the right-hand top corner is there to keep it at the same consistency as the rest. I can then dip into it for small adjustments: defining the left foot and correcting the hollow on the right thigh.

Since the Corona Virus lock-down I have not stopped working, albeit without the inspiration that live models contribute to my paintings and sculptures. To be honest, I am now "running on empty". With the easing of restrictions I am looking forward to seeing new faces emerge from behind face masks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment