Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day


Today, being Father's Day, my daughter Tania brought my latest grandchild to visit. Like his tee-shirt says, "I get it from my Grandpa". And not only that, he's been named after his great, great grandfather. Like it or not, it's in his genes.

When I was growing up in England immediately after World War II we didn't have a Father's Day but we did have fathers, even if for some of my friends it was only in fond memory. In more recent times many children have been deprived of their father, not only by way of death or shirked responsibilities, but by a marriage that ended in divorce. 

In 1990 I published a small booklet that told of my experience under the Guardianship of Infants Act, Cap 233. My children were then aged two, four and five. After thirty years, for the sake of others in the same predicament, it is perhaps time for me to bring the story up to date.




No comments:

Post a Comment