My on-line diary began in the 1990's from my studio in the North of England. After a lapse of ten years, I resumed posting from my present studio on the Caribbean island of Dominica.

From the far beginning, the intention has been to give an insight into my working methods, and to share the triumphs, trials and tribulations of work-in-progress.

My diary pages are followed by thousands of artists, art students and art lovers in over 50 countries.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Man bites dog…

Yesterday Dominica’s online newspaper carried a piece about my diary.  As I haven’t installed a counter I’ll never know how many readers accessed the diary as a result.  But if reader’s comments are anything to go by, a variation of the “man bites dog” story won me hands down. 

Many years ago at a cocktail party on Antigua, a lady rushed up to best selling author Edward Allcard with the words, “Mr Allcard, I bought your book”.  He responded dryly, “So it was you!”

Going back to yesterday’s entry, here is the original artwork for one of my postage stamp designs.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have that stamp - I must see if I can buy it on e-Bay. Let me know if you want a counter installing.

    ReplyDelete